|WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A SAFE SURF CAMP
Make sure when looking for a surf camp for your child that the camp has these minimum requirements for your child's safety:
1. The camp is reputable
2. The camp has good references from people you know or from the local lifeguards
3. The camp has $1,000,000.00 in liabililty insurance
4. The camp has no more than a 3:1 student/instructor ratio
5. Instructors are CPR/First Aid Certified and at least one instructor lifeguard certified
6. The camp is licensed or permitted from the city or state where it takes place
7. The camp has a director that is always present overseeing ALL activities for safety
8. The camp is in a location that safety services can easily access
9. There are certified "beach" lifeguards near the camp location
10. The camp is always in the same location. If the camp does not give a specific location, this is a red flag of a possible bogus surf camp.
11. Above all else make sure the camp is a safe place with reputable instructors for the safety of your child.