Safety - Surf Camps USA
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A SAFE SURF CAMP
Make sure when looking for a surf camp for your child that the camp has these minimum requirements for your child's safety:
- The camp is reputable
- The camp has good references from people you know or from the local lifeguards
- The camp has $1,000,000.00 in liabililty insurance
- The camp has no more than a 3:1 student/instructor ratio
- Instructors are CPR/First Aid Certified and at least one instructor lifeguard certified
- The camp is licensed or permitted from the city or state where it takes place
- The camp has a director that is always present overseeing ALL activities for safety
- The camp is in a location that safety services can easily access
- There are certified "beach" lifeguards near the camp location
- The camp is always in the same location. If the camp does not give a specific location, this is a red flag of a possible bogus surf camp.
- Above all else make sure the camp is a safe place with reputable instructors for the safety of your child.